Saturday, February 14, 2009

A List of Diners in SJ That I Like

OK, so I've noticed that there are many many hits on this site that imply that people would like a list of Diners in South Jersey. Well here are the ones that I know of that I like and that should serve the people through information--

  • The Woodstown Diner, Rte. 40, Woodstown, NJ (WARNING: Admittedly NOT what it used to be.)
  • The Malaga Diner, Rts. 40 & 47, Malaga, NJ (Don't ask them to make you a Root Beer Float... believe me.)
  • Point 40 Diner, Rts. 40 & 77, Upper Pittsgrove/Elmer, NJ at "the Circle" outside of Woodstown going East on Rte. 40 (Where to go if you want GRITS!)
  • Richman's (not technically a diner, but still, menu-wise, falls into the category, and has good ice cream as it used to be an independent ice cream manufacturer), Rte. 40, Sharptown, NJ
  • Michael's Diner, Rte. 49, Pennsville, NJ
  • Elmer Diner, Rte. 40, Elmer, NJ
  • Ponzio's, Rte. 130, Brooklawn, NJ (if you're coming from PA, it's right over the Walt Whitman Bridge--take the 130 exit off of 76 immediately after the bridge)
  • The Colonial Diner, Rte. 45, Woodbury, NJ (Last I checked, 24 hours!!!)
  • The Harrison House, Rte. 45 at Rte. 322, Mullica Hill, NJ
  • The Salem Oak Diner, 113 W. Broadway, Salem, NJ (one of the old, shiny boxcar diners, but Salem itself is a little... tarnished.)
Most of the Diners that I liked in DE are now defunct-- The Blue Hen Diner (aka the 1st State Diner, the Eagle Diner, etc, all in Newark, DE)-- but one remains open, although it's a bit of a haul. If you're heading down Rte. 13 through the DelMarVa region, then check this one out (it's where the picture on the header of this blog was taken)--

OK, there you go. That's a list of South Jersey Diners, and one Diner in Delaware. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Nessa said...

I have never been to any of those diners. How can that be?

bernadette finnerty said...

I am writing a story about for South Jersey magazine and I'd like to includ a few recommendations from you about South Jersey Diners in Camden/Burlco area...please email me at bkfinnerty@comcast.net.