Monday, December 1, 2008

NaNoWriMo: FAIL... and, yet, NOT.

No NaNoWriMo winner badge for me. I got seriously distracted by life and just couldn't put it together enough to write the G.A.N. I couldn't even cobble together an aesthetic manifesto that would vindicate Modernism in this Post-Modern age! I didn't even get to 7K words. Dammit.

DinerGirl = FAIL.

However.

I finally, finally, finally got started on a project that I *like* and that has a voice that I can't believe is actually mine, that doesn't sound like the novel I wrote when I was 13. (It was only 50 pages--typed, single-spaced--, but that's pretty damn good for a tween!) I've "found my writer's voice", as it were, and that means NO FAIL. Means PASS!

I'll write sometime about the dramas that I got caught up in that prevented me from reaching 50K. But not right now, 'cause I have a head cold and am really tired.

In the meantime, shout-out to Tiara for getting past 12K and for starting an awesome project that I hope she's really proud of, too.

Onward, WriMos! Onward!

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Yay for finding your voice!! And thank you for the shout-out, I am proud. :-)

Hope your cold goes away soon! In the meantime use it as an excuse to stay in bed where it's warm with a good book.