Saturday, November 1, 2008

First Day of NaNoWriMo...

OK, so it's the first day of NaNoWriMo, and I was intending to go to bed early, get up at midnight, and immediately start writing. But alas, I came down with the flu yesterday and so there was nothing but sleep in the works for me. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. with the thought of *maybe* starting then, but at that point, everything above my shoulders felt like it was on a spring. I was a bobble-head doll.

SPROING!

So I went back to bed. Now I'm about to dig in and start writing. I have to remember that this doesn't have to be the Great American Novel (here on out referred to as the GAN), it just has to be finished. Or at least meeting the word count. So I think today I will do the following:

  1. Rest a-plenty. This does involve orange juice, copious amounts of herbal tea with lemon and honey, and at least three episodes of "The O.C." (Don't judge me!!! It's healing with brain candy.)
  2. Look over my character sketches and outlines one more time, make sure I've got basic (extremely basic) plot points worked out.
  3. Re-read the first few chapters of No Plot? No Problem! by NaNoWriMo God Chris Baty.
  4. Consider what I want my first scene to be.
  5. Start writing.
  6. COFFEE!
  7. Stay awake long enough to take advantage of that extra hour as we move from EDT into EST at 2 a.m.
Woo-hoo!

And awaaaaaay we go!

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Hope the flu is gone and you're feeling better!! "healing with brain candy" I love that!

I must confess I had a thing for The OC until I moved over here and the seasons were all messed up...