Sunday, October 5, 2008

7-Election?

Went to the 7-11 today... I was over in Delaware to go to Borders to look for some new books of poetry and some other piece-of-garbage book on writing to semi-inspire me for NaNoWriMo. (I have a serious addiction to these books on writing, which have succeeded in getting me precisely nowhere. DinerGirl has published *nothing* to speak of, in spite of Julia Cameron's wit and wisdom.)

Anyway, at the 7-11 there was a sign out front for the "7-Election": "Every Cup Counts" it said.




Wow. If you click on the above picture it will take you to the 7-Election site, where you can see how the candidates are doing in your state. To my absolute horror, the John McCain coffee cup is winning in New Jersey. Whaaaaaat? That's not supposed to happen in a Blue State! I fear cup tampering! At least in Delaware, it's 63% in favor of Obama.

The 7-Election. Would that it were so easy.

(P.S. For the opposing viewpoint of a cup-carrying McCain supporter, click HERE. I love a good debate.)

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Funny that the Obama cups seem to be leading in most states! You know, I don't think I've ever had a cup of 7-Eleven coffee! I do have fond memories of living across the street from one when I was 14 though. My siblings and I would run over there and get slurpees in our refillable cups for like 50 cents. It was heaven. *sighs*