Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hello, Economy, WTF???!!!

I am dreading tomorrow morning. Not dreading the sunrise, not dreading the alarm clock, not dreading the Today Show (although there is much to dread in that now that Kathie Lee is knocking around the set).

Instead of dreading any or all of these things, I have chosen to dread only one, and that is the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange.

I'll probably have some insomnia tonight-- I mean, it's already after 10 and I'm still drinking my 7-11 coffee, my fault really, and I will have no right to bitch about not sleeping tonight-- and I will spend that time watching the European markets to see what they do. Sarkozy of France, who I generally dislike-- gave an impressive speech about how the time of unregulated speculation, "c'est fini". Now if only our own country would man-up and put the Wall Street crooks in their place.

The credit markets are frozen, bad times are a'comin', and I can't look away from this train wreck.

Can you?

No comments: