Thursday, October 2, 2008

I've Got Hope!

Not that polls really mean anything, but I was really, really glad to see this headline on Yahoo! : Obama Takes a 7-point lead over McCain.

I've been refraining from the whole "Got Hope?" thing, because I'm a natural pessimist, and the proliferation of McCain-Palin signs in Hometown were giving me the willies. But after seeing this, wow! Do I ever have hope!

Tonight is the Vice-Presidential debate, and being a South Jersey girl, I often feel like Joe Biden represents me more than... uh... whoever the current NJ Senators are. (Sad that I don't remember their names, but what can a girl do?)

I'm concerned that Joe Biden will be crucified for "sexism" in whatever he chooses to say to Sarah Palin, who seems to be able to get away with abusive, condescending, belittling mockery of Obama simply because she, too, represents an "exceptional" ticket--i.e., she's a woman.

Just leave identity politics out of it, everyone, rise above the fray.

Hope!

No comments: