Saturday, October 18, 2008

Protect CIVIL RIGHTS: NO ON PROP 8

Even though I'm not in San Liberal, CA anymore, I was very disturbed to see in the ads on my sidebar here with a "Say No to Liberal Judges" etc etc and the slogan "Protect Marriage" with a little stylized cartoon happy family beneath.

Why is this in my sidebar???!!! I suppose they paid for it. From what I understand, out-of-state, right-wing conservative Christian interests are flooding California with money to overturn the state's ruling that the ban on same-sex marriage is discriminatory. (Rock on, Liberal Judges!!! Not that I have an opinion on this.)

As I've said in a previous post, this is a civil rights issue, not a MORAL issue (unless you construe morality as treating your fellow human beings with respect ) and the whole "judges-legislating-from-the-bench argument doesn't hold water either.

Well, this out-of-stater says to my former fellow Californians: Vote for Equality, Vote for Justice, VOTE NO ON PROP 8.

No comments: