Thursday, October 9, 2008

Can't Sleep, Can't Write

Chronic insomnia is a problem for me. So when I can't sleep I write, or organize, or just listen to music and wish fervently for sleep... which probably succeeds in keeping me awake.

I don't know what it is that's keeping me awake tonight. I tried to write something somewhat meaningful, but fell back on blogging instead. Blogging and going outside to smoke in the street that's always deserted. (Smoking = Bad For Me, I know. It's on it's way out. Of course, I've been saying that for three years now.)

Anyway, I can't sleep. Apparently I can't blog either, because nothing's coming to me at all now. I had some great idea about blogging about where I went to college, and then I thought, no, I need to save that for some sort of memoir, and then I thought about all the troubles with memoir in the U.S. right now, and thought more about whether I really want to participate in the perpetuation of a genre that's based on self indulgence, when I do enough of that here, with the blog.

Things that make you go "Hmm..."

Christ, the lady upstairs is vacuuming right now, and it's barely even dawn. I've been up all night. How glorious.

Going out to catch the sunrise.

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Insomnia is a cruel mistress and I too am her bitch. Wonder what it's like to have a normal sleep pattern?

I couldn't come up with much of anything to say in my blog post for the day either!